Home visits from doctors have existed since the beginnings of medicine, when hospitals didn’t exist. In fact, it’s the oldest consultation type in medicine.
Nowadays, there are many examples for choosing a home visit instead of going to a clinic/hospital:
- Clinics closed or not available in some location.
- The patient doesn’t want to go to a clinic for many reasons: it’s not necessary, the patient feel too bad to get there, the patient doesn’t want or it’s not convenient to share the place with other ill persons (i.e.: inmunodepressed patients).
- The patient is travelling around and going to a clinic/hospital may suppose a lot of time, etc.
How does it work?:
Nowadays, with the help of technology and communications, having a home visit from Doctor Spain is really easy. Here, we explain this simple steps on how a home appointment visit can be made:
2) We ask him/her about his health problem and his/her location.
3) We ask the patient for his permission to keep his information in our system according to Spanish and European laws (Name, Age, Gender, Date of birth, Address, Telephone number, Email, etc.).
4) We call our local health provider in that area and see if we can make a home visit there, and at what time that day, or the following day it can be made.
5) In case we can do it, we propose a time for the home visit, and an approximate basic price for the home visit. This price includes the home visit and prescriptions (it doesn’t include tests, injections, or other procedures that may be needed, which go on top of the basic price).
6) If the patients agrees for the time and price proposed (it may vary within regions/distance), the doctor goes to his place (house/hotel) at the time agreed.
We always ask for a margin of 1 hour due to possible emergencies, traffic jams, problems to park in the area, etc., that could happen.
Before the doctor goes, we confirm that the patient is there to wait for him/her.
7) In case we can’t get to the patient’s location, or it’s not necessary because the problem can be solved with a video-consultation, we offer it to the patient.
8) Once the doctor arrives at the patient place, or before the start in the case of telematic consultations, we send through GetNet a payment link to the patient’s email.
After the patient is diagnosed and a treatment is established, the doctor writes a report that is sent by email along with the invoice, so as the patient can claim it back from his/her insurance.
When a home visit is made, or in the case of telematic consultations, we use the GetNet system of Santader Bank for payments, where you can pay with your credit/debit card in a secure way.
You just need to follow some simple steps there, as in any internet payment case is done.
Sometimes some credit cards/ banks need a confirmation by SMS, so it’s important that the patient knows how his/her card works with his bank, and have mobile connection to a phone network.
This is the only remote payment way we accept (we don’t use paypal or bank transfers).